With over 250,000-plus square feet of specialized temperature-controlled refrigerated storage and processing space, Halperns’ operates one of the largest food service meat specialty networks in the United States, completely dedicated to center-of-the-plate proteins.
SAFE IN OUR HANDS
Food safety is paramount to our operation. We are inspected and certified by outside agencies whose requirements exceed those of the USDA. We inspect our suppliers’ facilities to ensure wholesome practices on their part, and we take the extra steps necessary to provide you with the assurance that we strictly manage a system that safeguards the products we deliver to your door.
COMMITTED TO FOOD SAFETY
- HACCP– Halperns’ is a further processing facility operating under an established Quality Assurance Program and a fully implemented HACCP Plan with all appropriate Critical Control Points identified.
- Quality Assurance-Halperns’ offers the guarantee that the goods we sell have not been adulterated or altered as defined by the Federal Food, Drug and Cosmetic Act (United States Code, Title 21, Chapter 9, Section 342).
- Metal Detection-All Halperns’ Cut Product passes through a Fortress Metal Detector that is more sensitive than USDA requirements.
- Sanitation-Second to none in the industry, 100% of Halperns’ employees are committed to our total operation sanitation program. Our production is stopped 8 hours/day for a deep clean. We do a weekly sanitation fog of our production areas to eliminate all environmental bacteria. We also go the additional mile with our truck sanitation program to ensure that deliveries are made on clean trucks.
- Temperature Control-From receiving to storage, production and shipping, our docks, coolers, freezer and production rooms are monitored and maintained 24 hours a day. All areas of the facility are kept well below Critical Limits in order to extend shelf life and to eliminate the incidence of spoilage bacteria growth.
- Process Control-No raw material boxes ever enter the processing area. All raw material packaging is sanitized before entering the processing area. Knife dip stations are available throughout the cut shop to sterilize processing equipment.
- Product Separation-Halperns’ is compliant with all required species separation throughout storage and production areas.
- Good Manufacturing Practices-Halperns’ employees are issued a clean BioSmart smock, apron, hair and beard net and a sanitary bag with new, nitrile and cotton gloves, sleeves and plastic apron daily. Employees must remove all jewelry, walk through a sanitizing foot foam, and are required to wash hands with an approved E2 hand soap. No gum, food or drink are ever allowed in the processing areas.
- Halperns’ voluntarily participates in third party audits.